Thursday, August 7, 2008

OCD and gaint puddles...and freaking spiders

Okay, hey guys. I know I'm not out of the country anymore, but I figured I would try to keep you all up to date on my life if you are still interested.

So anyway, here it is. I'm sure most of you know I'm living in Winona for the summer, working at Fastenal, and loving every minute of that. Next week I will be teaching 5th and 6th graders at Vacation Bible School, so that should be fun.

I will tell you about my day today at Fastenal. It was pretty boring, to say the least, but I ended up working on a kit with this girl. We had a pretty good conversation through a few hours of putting the kit together, which had about 14 parts. In the end, the kits were missing something like 7 parts, unfortunately not all the missing parts were part of the same kit, or even on the same side of the order, and that made everything go haywire in my brain. Well, we searched for more parts, walked across the warehouse to get them and came back. There were still two parts missing, but we got enough for the rest. Here is where my OCD kicked in.

Now, some of you already know about my OCD (my obsession with 90 degree angles, anyone?). Well, I had to stay 20 minutes late today, on my own free will because I had to fill all the compartments so that there was some order. Otherwise I probably would have went crazy.

AND THEN, when I went out to the parking lot, I fell in big pool of rain water. I didn't like fall on my face, but I definitely got a little wet, and my shoe is soaked through.

AND THEN, I came back to the apartment. I noticed on my way in how after the rain it had cooled off pleasantly outside. "Hmmm," I thought to myself, "I should open up my windows." Great idea, only I went to open the window and discovered a TON of spiders on the screen. Like at least 10! I made Patrick get them all (I can't kill spiders,its a long story) and then we made sure the window was securely fastened. I hastened to email the RA because in my eyes this is a serious problem. I glanced at the window we had just rid of the creapy 8 leggeed creatures, and I noticed two more! And then after that, I saw two more on the wall! One the wall, INSIDE the apartment! My skin feels like it is crawling.

Yeah, it does suck, I know.

Well, until next time!

1 comment:

Hayley said...

haha. i didn't know you were writing on this one anymore.

so what's the long story about how you can't kill spiders?